We’re Heading in a New Direction!!!
Contact Penny to register: 801-243-8044. *Call or text soon! Space is limited*
WILL DANCE FOR FOOD is switching gears, changing lanes & heading in a new direction! I hope you will be as excited as I am and join us for this new journey! Let me explain.
When we started WILL DANCE FOR KIDS PROJECT 9 years ago our goal was to offer something special & different for your studios and to give your dancers the opportunity to help kids who are not as fortunate…it has always been about kids helping kids! Together we have “danced to make a difference” and raised $423,000 & collected over 40,000 lbs of food for the Kid’s Programs at the Utah Food Bank! The value of our efforts is over $3 million dollars in goods & services for the Utah Food Bank! This is truly amazing!! Nothing like this has ever been done in our Utah Dance Community & we sincerely thank you. Without your help & support we would not have been able to have such great success!
WILL DANCE FOR FOOD was originally designed as an early competition to help you get great professional input and critiques as you headed into your competition seasons while helping to feed hungry kids. For the first time, our 2020 competition actually has 6 other competitions on our weekend!! 2 National Convention/Competitions and 4 local competitions are holding their events on the same weekend and there are lots of other competitions being held as early as January & February. We never wanted to be in the “competition business” so it is time for us to find a new road to travel on our journey to feeding hungry kids & we hope you will join us!
Rather than holding our WILL DANCE FOR FOOD COMPETITION March 6-7, 2020 we will be hosting WILL DANCE FOR FOOD BENEFIT CONCERTS on November 14, 2020 for the Kid’s Programs at the Utah Food Bank! It will be a great celebration of dance as we all join together in the spirit of giving to help feed hungry kids!
- Studios can bring routines of any genre to perform so all ages can participate.
- Participating dancers will sell 50 Hearts & Hands tickets. Tickets are for chances to win 2 round trip tickets on Jet Blue plus lots of other great prizes. Ticket holders need not be present to win.
- Scholarships & great prizes for dancers who go the extra mile for fundraising with Advanced Admission ticket sales, Sponsorships and Hearts & Hands drawing tickets.
- Top fundraising studio will win a Professional Master Class.
- And as always, our project is all about kids helping kids with all proceeds going to benefit the Kid’s Programs at the Utah Food Bank.
We are working on more exciting changes & additions to make this a very special day of dance for you & your dancers. We are also hoping to involve our Professional Utah Dance Companies in each show. I would love to meet with or hear from you with ideas or suggestions. We will be limited with the number of studios that can participate so please let me know if your studio wants to join us as we “dance to make a difference” and reserve your spot!