Proceeds from the Will Dance For Food will go to benefit the Kids Cafe and Mobile Pantry Programs at the Utah Food Bank.
WDFKP is a new and exciting concept in dance performance.
Our goal is to raise more money each year and you can help!
Did you know?
- 1 in 9 Utah children are unsure where their next meal will come from
- 477,703 Kids Cafe meals were served last year
- Every $1 we earn is worth $9.04 in goods and services in the hands of Utah Food Bank
- In 2021 WDFKP raised $20,841 which brought our four year total to $459,000 which translates into almost $4 million in goods and services in the hands of the Utah Food Bank
- WDFKP has collected over 64,000 jars of peanut butter for the Utah Food Bank
The Kids Cafe program provides free snacks and evening meals in partnership with after-school sites at local elementary schools, Boys & Girls Clubs and community centers. Last year, the Utah Food Bank served 477,703 meals to children at risk of hunger at 89 after-school sites.
Kids Cafe meals provide the kind of nutrition that grows healthy, resilient bodies and minds. It helps fill the nutrition gap that often exists during out-of-school hours for many children who rely on free or reduced-price meal programs during the school day. The objectives of the program are twofold: first, to ensure that the children most vulnerable to hunger receive an evening meal, and second, to provide balanced nutrition in each meal served.
Utah Food Bank’s newest program, Mobile School Pantry, complements both school meal programs and our other childhood hunger programs. It provides a cost-effective food distribution point for children and their families at the end of the school day in a safe and trusted environment—the school playground. Last year, through distribution at 67 school sites, the Utah Food Bank was able to reach 284,181 individuals, 156,193 of whom were children. This year, they are serving 62 sites—and the program continues to grow!
For more information, please contact Lavine Shapiro at (801) 887-1221 or email@example.com.