If your studio plans to attend a dance competition this season, choose the one that will make a difference in the lives of your dancers as they compete to feed hungry kids!
Join us for our 2020 competition:
WILL DANCE FOR FOOD
March 6-7, 2020
Taylorsville High School
- Adults: $8/One Day, $14/Two Day
- Ages 4-18: $7/One Day, $12/Two Day
- Seniors (65+): $7/One Day, $12/Two Day
- Kids under 4 free.
- Advanced admission can be purchased at studios and added to grand prize total.
**NO VIDEO TAPING OR PHOTOGRAPHY OF ANY KIND. A professional video company will be taping the competition. PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS OF THIS.
Audience will be able to enter and exit between numbers. Doors are closed during performances.
Dancers should act in an appropriate manner at all times. This includes dressing rooms, backstage, on stage and in the audience. Parents & audience members should do the same.
A $100 refundable dressing room fee is due with registration fees. Studios that leave the dressing rooms clean and neat will be refunded the $100 fee. We are guests of Taylorsville High school and need to treat the school, staff and facilities with the utmost care and respect. Please review this with your dancers.
Every dancer will get a commemorative shirt. Shirt sizes must accompany entries due by Jan. 8, 2020.
All routines and music must be appropriate for family viewing. If judges feel any routine is not appropriate for family viewing they may deduct points.
Props are allowed but must be put on & off quickly. No dangerous props or animals. WDFKP is not responsible for props. Studio must have people ready to clean up anything left on the stage.
Entries accepted on a first come, first served basis. Space is limited so register early!
Any changes must be made at least 14 days prior to competition. No exceptions.
Proceeds from the event after expenses will go to benefit the kids programs at the Utah Food Bank. These include the Kids Cafe and Backpack Program.
A $25 fee will be charged per routine for changes to the schedule after final approval.
- Acro Dance: Acrobatic in nature, incorporating dance choreography
- Ballet: Routines using classical ballet or pointe technique, steps and movement.
- Contemporary: Routines incorporate modern, jazz and lyrical style.
- Hip Hop: Urban, street style movement. Family oriented music. No cursing or inappropriate content.
- Jazz: Routines must demonstrate jazz technique and style. No props or themes.
- Lyrical: Routines are lyrical in nature displaying jazz, modern and ballet techniques.
- Musical Theatre/Character: Broadway musical style incorporating character and/or theme.
- Open: Routines that consist of any dance style or combination of styles – acro, clogging, ballroom etc.
- Production/Show: Production using any style of dance. Must have 20+ dancers. Max time 5 minutes.
- Tap: Routines displaying tap technique. Tap shoes required. No tap sounds in music!
Routines using more than 3 acro tricks should enter Acro Dance or Open category
- Beginning: Dancers display beginning technical skills. Take class 1-4 hours per week.
- Intermediate: Dancers displaying intermediate technical skills. Take class 4-7 hours per week.
- Advanced: Dancers displaying advanced technical skills. Take class 8+ hours per week.
PLEASE use appropriate discretion in the ability placement of your dancers. These are guidelines only. We count on your professionalism. Thank you!
New Age Divisions!
- Rookies: Ages 3–5
- Minis: Ages 6-8
- Juniors: Ages 8-10
- Tweens: Ages 11-12
- Teens: Ages 12-14
- Seniors: Ages 15-18
Average age of dancers as of March 6, 2020. Please average ages (.5 averages up to the next year)
- Solos: 2:45 max
- Duos/Trios: 3:00 max
- Groups: 3:00 max
- Lines: 4:00 max
- Production: 5:00 max
COMPETITION CATEGORIES/ COSTS
All fees are per person per entry. Fees are non-refundable.
- Solo: $100
- Duo/Trio: $60 per dancer
- Small Group/ 4-9 dancers: $27
- Large Group/ 10-16 dancers: $27
- Line / 17+ dancers: $27
- Production/ 20+ dancers: $30
Music for all routines must be digital. More information on where to upload the music will follow.
Please have a backup copy of your music readily available.
All entries will be adjudicated by a panel of 3 professional judges. Judges decisions are final. Video judging will be used and every studio will receive digital access to all studio routines. Digital access codes will be sent within one week of competition directly from Video Judge/Dance Bug. Score sheets can be picked up by Director after the awards. Video Judge DVDs will be sent within one week.
Each routine will be adjudicated and awarded either a Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze in each category
Awards will be given on the combined judges scores listed below:
- Platinum: 285-300
- Gold: 270-284
- Silver: 255-269
- Bronze: 240-254
Overall Winners will be given for each age and ability level(ex. Teen Beginning, Teen Intermediate, and Teen Advanced).
Ties will be broken by Technique score first, Execution score second and judges vote third.
In addition our judges will also give Specialty Awards for Technique, Choreography, Costuming and Performance.
Because we are competing to benefit the Kids Programs at the Utah Food Bank every studio will be awarded a large plaque to proudly display in their studio. This will be an award of honor for using your talents to benefit kids who are not as fortunate. Other awards will be plates to hang on the plaque stating Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze in every category as well as specialty awards.
GRAND PRIZES AWARDED AT THE CONCLUSION OF CEREMONY INCLUDE:
- Top Fundraising Studios win a Master Class taught by amazing dance professionals
- Top Fundraiser Scholarship to World Dance Movement in Italy & great prizes
- All Dancers Who Raise $1,000 Can win great classes/workshops (Such as World Dance Movement, Lovolution, Epic, TamJams, UDO, Millennium and SALT Contemporary Dance Workshops) & prizes
THIS WILL BE A MEDIA EVENT THAT WILL BE A WONDERFUL TRIBUTE TO YOUR STUDIO AND DANCERS PROVIDING GREAT PUBLICITY!
TOTAL FUNDS FOR GRAND PRIZE WILL BE CALCULATED AS FOLLOWS:
- ENTRY FEES
- ADVANCED GENERAL ADMISSION WRISTBANDS
- COMMUNITY SPONSORS
- HEART & HAND DONATION TICKETS FOR EXCITING PRIZE DRAWINGS
- ANY IN KIND DONATIONS OR PRIZES FOR DRAWINGS OR LIVE AUCTION (Retail value)
- PROGRAM ADS
- CASH DONATIONS
You can be involved as little or as much as you choose to be by deciding how you would like to participate in this exciting project. Every dollar we donate turns into $7.34 goods and services for hungry kids!
Entries are due no later than January 9, 2020. Space is limited so register early! Studios can register early online and then make payment by due date. Late entries + $25.00 if space available.
Registration is handled online.
Incomplete registrations will not be accepted. Include all dancers, ages, categories etc.
Be sure to include: shirt sizes for all dancers and teachers
Payment : There are two payment options:
- Credit Cards/ Pay Pal: This is for studios and solo entries. For this option we must add a 5% surcharge to cover the costs of using these electronic payment options as our goal is to make sure the most funds possible go to the Utah Food Bank.
- Cashiers Check or Money Order: No Personal Checks. This is for studios ONLY!
- Make CASHIER’S CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS payable to:
Will Dance For Kids Project
2949 Manorcrest Court
SLC, UT 84121
- Make CASHIER’S CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS payable to:
Questions call: 801-243-8044
Must be paid by Jan 9, 2020. Thank You!