WILL DANCE FOR KIDS PROJECT is designed to raise funds to fight childhood hunger through dance. When dancers perform they show the world the art, talents and skills they have learned. When they dance and make a difference in the lives of other kids; they learn something even more important, the art of giving. And when that happens, everyone wins!
The following Fundraising Information will give you ideas for successful fundraising so your studio can win the honor of Top Fundraising Studio and the fabulous Grand Prize! Great prizes for top individuals too!
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Together we can make sure that no child goes to bed hungry.
All fundraising money and performer’s Hearts & Hands money is due November 12, 2020.
Additional Hearts & Hands money is due November 7, 2020.
1. Entry for Dancers: All performer Hearts & Hands money will be credited towards your studio total. (50 tickets per dancer are required)
Hint: Involve the whole studio. Bring everyone from beginning to advanced to this great event. Register early! Space is limited!
2. Hearts & Hands tickets: Dancers can sell Hearts & Hands tickets for $1 each. Tickets go into the drawing for fabulous prizes including 2 Round Trip Tickets anywhere Jet Blue flies.
Hint: Have dancers sell tickets in increments of 5, 10, 25 etc. Most everyone will buy more than 1 ticket for a chance to win this great prize!
3. In Kind Donations: These are very easy to get….JUST ASK! Businesses of all kinds (restaurants, car washes, spas, stores etc) will get great advertising exposure from prize donations.
Hint: Parents can really help here. People you do business with regularly are happy to support your kids. See In Kind Donation Form. *Only stand alone prizes. No buy one get one or gift with purchase.
4. Sponsors: Business & Individual Sponsorships make a big difference and get great advertising exposure. All donations are tax deductible.
Hint: Explain the project and where the money goes. Check out the Sponsor Donation form for details. Sponsor checks are made out to Utah Food Bank.
5. Advertising & Tax Deduction: Place Ad (2.75 in x 2 in) in Program $350.
Over 4,000 people attend the event!!! Ads are tax deductible by making checks payable to Utah Food Bank.
6. Be a Hunger Hero: Donate directly to our team at Utah Food Bank. Post on social media and encourage friends & followers to be Hunger Heroes too.
- Top Fundraising Studios win a Master Class taught by amazing dance professionals
- 1st Top Fundraiser wins a Scholarship to World Dance Movement in Italy & other great prizes
- All Dancers Who Raise $1,000 and win great classes/workshops/scholarships (Epic, Lovolution, Millennium, SALT, Hip Hop Utah, VERVE and more) & other great prizes
A Little Help From Penny:
Penny Broussard is happy to come to a parent meeting or any gathering of dancers & parents to present and explain the fundraising in 10 minutes or less! The studios who have had Penny come have seen much greater results in their fundraising efforts. Contact her at: 801-243-8044
This is a one of a kind PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY because ALL proceeds go to the KIDS PROGRAMS at the UTAH FOOD BANK. Your participation can make a BIG difference! Nothing feels better than sharing our time and talents to help others who are less fortunate.