Proceeds from the Will Dance For Food competition will go to benefit the Kids Cafe, Backpack Program and Mobile Pantry Program of the Utah Food Bank
WDFKP is a new and exciting concept in dance competitions. Our goal is to raise more money each year and you can help!
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 Utah children are unsure where their next meal will come from
- Nearly 283,000 Kids Cafe meals were served last year
- 63,000 kids’ weekend backpacks were distributed last year
- From every $1 donation to Utah Food Bank, 96 cents go directly to food and services
- Every $1 we earn is worth $7.81 in goods and services in the hands of Utah Food Bank
- In 2017 WDFKP raised $60,000 which brought our four year total to $265,000 which translates into well over $2,000,000 in goods and services in the hands of the Utah Food Bank
- WDFKP collected over 20,000 lbs of food for the Utah Food Bank, including 6,825 jars of peanut butter from our Peanut Butter Jamm Events
Utah Food Bank’s Kids Cafe provides more than 1,800 hot, nutritious meals weekly to children in low-income after-school programs at schools, community centers and after-school programs around Utah. The after-school sites include elementary schools, community centers and after-school programs in Utah where 50% or more of the participants receive free or reduced breakfasts and lunches at school.
Mobile Pantries provide additional support to Utahns facing hunger in communities that are underserved by traditional brick-and-mortar pantries. Mobile Pantries also bring food to areas where clients lack sufficient transportation to access the nearest food pantry.
There are many children in Utah who rely on the BackPack Program, a nationally recognized program of Feeding America. The program is designed to meet the needs of hungry children at times when other resources are not available, such as weekends and school vacations. The BackPack Program is brilliant in its simplicity. Every Friday afternoon, children are given a backpack filled with nutritious, filling food that will keep them going through the weekend. Just $4 provides a student with food for entire weekend.
For more information, please contact Kerri Duncan at (801) 887-1251 or KerriD@UtahFoodBank.org.